Enjoy a scenic one-hour ride through Barcelona, with commentary from your guide on notable Spanish landmarks such as Antoni Gaudi's Casa Mila. Ascend Barcelona's outlying peaks as you journey to the Santa Maria de Montserrat Benedictine Abbey. Enter the Basilica, a sanctified place of worship for pilgrims and residing monks.
• Scenic Drive: Travel through Barcelona as your guide points out significant Spanish landmarks such as architect Antoni Gaudi's Casa Mila.
• Montserrat: Tour the 11th-century Santa Maria de Montserrat Benedictine abbey, a holy sanctuary for ardent pilgrims and dwelling monks.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Cash/Credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Light Clothing
• Conservative attire required
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1 mile over even cobblestone surfaces with numerous inclines and 45-50 steps.
• No exposed shoulders or knees in the church.
• The boys' choir performance depends on scheduled performances. The boys' choir is not in attendance during the last week of June through August.
If there is no scheduled performance, the tour will compensate with 15 minutes of free time at Montserrat.
• Large crowds to be expected at this place of pilgrimage.