Take a panoramic drive around Athens, before immersing in the grandeur of the Acropolis. Board a comfortable coach for a narrated tour that covers a long list of both ancient and modern splendors. At the Acropolis, climb the winding pathway and approximately 100 steps that lead to the top of the legendary hill for a tour of the Propylaea Entrance, the Erechtheum, the Temple of Wingless Victory, and the incomparable Parthenon.
• Panoramic Athens: Ride past major sights in Athens, including Hadrian's Arch, the Temple of Olympian Zeus and Panathenaic Stadium.
• Acropolis: Travel the winding path of ancient Greeks to see ruins of sacred sites dedicated to gods and goddesses.
• Parthenon: Explore the temple dedicated to Athena, the ultimate architectural and spiritual achievement of Greece's Golden Age.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous". Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1-1/2 miles over steep inclines, approximately 200 steps and uneven surfaces.
• Acropolis occasionally closes for security under crowded conditions. Some wait time may occur.
• Large bags, backpacks and oversized purses not permitted inside Acropolis.
• Ongoing restorations are frequently in progress at ruins.
• Time permitting; guests will have approximately 15 minutes free time for shopping at Acropolis.
• Optional drop-off at Melina Mercouri Statue in Athens' Constitution Square at end of tour.
• Guests who choose optional drop off will make their own way back to ship, at their own expense.
Tour sequence may vary.
• In addition to English this tour is offered in French, German, Italian and Spanish.
A minimum of 20 guests is needed for the tour to run in a different language.