Panoramic tour through Oslo, passing all main monuments. Proceed to the Bygd°y Peninsula where you will visit three of Oslo's most interesting museums. You will visit the Fram Museum showing the history of the polar explorers, the Viking Ship Museum, with longships and period artifacts from the Viking Age, and finally the Kon Tiki Museum depicting Thor Heyerdahl's incredible journeys.
Immerse yourself in the seafaring heritage of a nation whose explorers launched daring expeditions with limited provisions but abundant courage. Your guide will point out Oslo's landmarks on the journey to the Viking Ship Museum, where restored longships rest beside the artifacts they carried. Visit Fram Museum, final berth of the ship that explored both polar regions, and Kon-Tiki Museum, where you'll see the famous wooden raft that crossed the Pacific from Peru to Polynesia.
• Viking Ship Museum: Admire the swooping lines and elaborate decorative carvings of three carefully restored Viking longships.
• Fram Museum: See the sturdy ship that Norwegian explorers sailed farther north and farther south than anyone had ever dared.
• Kon-Tiki Museum: Imagine the courage of Thor Heyerdahl, the Norwegian adventurer who sailed 4300 miles on a balsa wood raft.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 200 yards over even surfaces, with 10 to 15 steps.
• An interior view of the Fram Museum requires a climb of 50 to 60 steps to the main deck, with steep and narrow stairways inside.
• Tour order may vary.