Explore Copenhagen on foot and then set off down the city's ancient canals for an entirely different viewpoint. Your day begins with a walking tour along the waterfront, past the Queen's Palace and gardens and into the seafaring history of Nyhavn. Then, it's time to cruise Copenhagen's ancient canals. Old world meets new, as you motor past important sites, including Our Saviour's Church and the Black Diamond, the modern wing of the Royal Library. Guests must be able to walk approximately 2 miles (2.5 hours) over cobblestone streets and even surfaces. Low heeled, comfortable walking shoes and comfortable, loose clothing are recommended.
Experience Copenhagen’s charms and history on a walking tour and boat ride to capture the essence of the city that has been Denmark’s capital since 1417. Your journey begins at the Hans Christian Andersen-inspired Little Mermaid, winds past the Queen's Palace, Amalienborg and on to the canals of Nyhavn, the old sailor’s quarter now a fashionable center, where you’ll pause for a drink. Then hop aboard our boat for a leisurely cruise through picturesque Christianshavn.
• The Little Mermaid: Get a photo at the 100-year-old sculpture gifted to the city by Carlsberg brewer Carl Jacobsen.
• Church of Our Saviour: The baroque church in Christianshavn has a serpentine spire with a 400-step climb to the top.
• Odd Fellow Palace: Enjoy refreshments at this beautiful manor that houses a concert hall.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous". Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 2-1/2 hours over cobblestone streets and even surfaces.
• Tour operates in all weather; take appropriate gear.
• One beverage per person will be served at a tavern or cafe in Nyhavn.