This guided tour is your opportunity to experience one of the last remaining Art Nouveau cities. Perched on seven coastal islands connected by canals and bordered by fjords and mountains, this centuries-old seaport is awash in bright colors and rich in decorative architecture. Stroll through Old Town and the picturesque fishing harbor, steeped in maritime tradition, as your guide shares local history and lore, including Alesund’s valiant recovery and rebuilding after a devastating 1904 fire.
• Guided Walk: Discover the rich maritime heritage and historic town center of a city built on seven tiny islands.
• Nordic Art Nouveau: Restored after a 1904 fire, Alesund is now one of the last examples of this architecture.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous". Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 2 miles over paved and cobblestone inclined surfaces.
• Guests under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
• Tour order may vary.