A stroll along the waterfront takes you to the funicular you'll board for the ride up Mount Floyen. It's a scenic 8-minute journey to the lookout 1000 feet above sea level. Debark and stroll along gravel paths to enjoy panoramic views of Bergen below. Soak up the sights, and then venture into the woodlands to Lake Skomakerdiket. Catch your breath and continue your hike to the highest point on the mountain, some 1,800 feet up. Excursion involves climbing approximately 800 feet (about 5 miles) over varying terrain. Guests should be in good physical condition for this tour. There are certain inherent risks involved in any hiking excursion.
Embark on a dynamic guided walking adventure through Bergen, traveling past medieval Norwegian fortresses, the bustling Bryggen wharf, and relishing panoramic views atop Mount Floein. Hike on foot past the stately fortress of Bergenhus and King Haakon’s Hall, a medieval royal residence. Meander Bryggen’s charming alleyways, passing shops and 18th-century Hanseatic Assembly Rooms. Ride a funicular to Mount Floien’s summit, where you will trek mountaintop gravel pathways and enjoy spectacular views of the city below.
• Guided Hike: Trek alongside a guide past the stately fortress of Bergenhus and nearby King Haakon’s Hall, a medieval residence.
• Bryggen: The legendary Hanseatic wharf once swarmed with 18th-century merchants selling wares from the harbor-front area’s timber row houses.
• Mount Floien: Travel via funicular to the summit, walk along gravel trails and relish breathtaking city views from the top.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Warm clothes
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous". Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk over gravel paths at the mountain’s summit.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.