Take a guided tour that highlights Corfu's magical mix of the historical, the cultural, the spiritual, and the natural. Passing by the old traditional village of Gastouri for a tour of Achilleion Palace, built by an Austrian empress, and later the home of Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany, and explore magical gardens adorned with classical statues. Then circumnavigate the Bay of Paleokastritsa, visit a Byzantine monastery and enjoy a short visit to Corfu Town.
• Achilleion Palace: Tour interiors, terraces and gardens with statues of muses, gods, and ancient Greek heroes.
• Monastery of the Virgin: See priceless Byzantine icons and relics at a still-active monastery in the Bay of Paleokastritsa.
• Corfu Town: Briefly explore and browse shops and market stalls in Corfu's historic city center.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash (Euros)/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Conservative attire
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1-1/2 miles over even and uneven surfaces, with inclines and 20-30 steps.
• Guests may experience long lines at Achilleion Palace.
• Foreign currencies not accepted in many venues.
• No tank tops or shorts in Monastery.
• Time permitting; guests will have approximately 15-20 minutes for browsing and shopping in Old Town.