Enjoy an intimate look at the coffee culture that has shaped and defined life in the Costa Rican countryside for generations. Tour the Espiritu Santo Coffee Plantation, the 670-acre cooperative whose farmer-members sell directly to Starbucks and the Rainforest Cooperative. Watch how beans are prepared for roasting and sample the flavorful brew. In the artisans? town of Sarchí, sit down to a hearty meal, followed by free time to visit workshops and find souvenirs.
• Espiritu Santo Coffee Plantation: Tour the cooperative whose 2,300-plus member-farmers supply Starbucks and the Rainforest Alliance.
• Sarchi: Dine on local specialties in this artisan town, with free time to visit craftsmen's workshops and browse for souvenirs.
• Scenic Transfer: Enjoy views of coffee and sugar plantations and other lush landscapes while riding through the verdant countryside.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Comfortable clothing
• Sturdy walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Guests who suffer from seizures or vertigo, have balance issues or are restricted to a wheelchair should not select tour.