Delight in breathtaking coastal scenery along Sicily's eastern coast as you explore ancient Taormina at your own pace, with the convenience of transportation. Admire dazzling azure Ionian Sea waters en route to the mountainside village. Enjoy three hours to stroll cobblestone streets and squares, visit the 3rd century BC Greek theater, where open-air music concerts are held, shop along Corso Umberto's promenade, or enjoy a Sicilian lunch with a view of snow-topped Mount Etna.
• Coastal Sicily: Travel along the mountainous eastern coast, relishing panoramic views of glimmering turquoise waters and white-sand beaches below.
• Taormina: Traverse the cobblestone streets of a village founded in the 3rd century BC, later renovated by the Romans.
• Free Time in Taormina: See 15th century Palazzo Corvaia; the Greek Theater with unique acoustics; and pedestrian only Corso Umberto.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Light clothing
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• An escort will be on coach to and from Taormina.
• There is an approximately one-quarter mile incline from bus parking lot to village.
• Walking is at guests' discretion inside village.
• Tour does not include lunch or entrance fees.
• Guests failing to meet return bus are responsible for finding their own way back to ship.
• In addition to English this tour is offered in French, German, Italian and Spanish.
• A minimum of 20 guests is needed for the tour to run in a different language.