Delight in Messina's breathtaking coastal scenery while visiting two charming Sicilian fishing villages before exploring the city's history among stunning cathedrals and notable museums. Travel along Sicily's northern coast while admiring dazzling cobalt waters and shoreline vistas atop Cape Peloro. See the mussel-growing lakes and quaint seaside villas of Ganzirri and Faro, then visit Messina's Norman Cathedral, with its bell tower astronomical clock, as well as the nearby grandiose Orion fountain.
• Messina Fishing Villages: See nourishing saltwater lakes for mussel growing in seaside Ganzirri and Faro, both brimming with charming villas.
• Norman Cathedral: Behold one of the world's largest astronomical clocks, peruse the cathedral museum, and admire the lavish Orion fountain.
• Cathedral Treasury Museum: Admire the Madonna's golden mantle, and historic artwork donated by kings, bishops, noblemen, and local citizens.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash (Euros) /credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Conservative attire required at religious sites
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately one-fourth mile over various surfaces, cobblestone streets with 5-15 steps.
• Visiting inside astronomical clock optional (fees not included).
• No exposed shoulders or knees at religious sites.
• Foreign currencies not accepted on this tour.