Enjoy a scenic 2-hour ride to Mount Etna, Europe's largest active volcano, passing orchards, vineyards and lava fields along the way. Still far from the peak, you'll reach Silvestri Spent Craters, nearly 6,000 feet above sea level. Walk along the volcanic rim, taking in views of past eruptions below. Afterwards, visit a jewelry factory to see local artisans at work and enjoy refreshments. Delight in panoramic views of Sicily as you return to ship.
• Beautiful Sicily: Take a two-hour ride past lush orchards and vineyards, and lava fields marking past eruptions of Mount Etna.
• Silvestri Spent Craters: See volcanic landscapes from your coach, and be dazzled with close-up views of craters considered active.
• Gival Jewelry Factory: an ancient Sicilian jewelry factory where you can discover hidden treasures, shop or enjoy watching local artisans handcraft a personalized piece for you.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Cash/Credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Closed-toe shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Light jacket/sweater in summer, warm jacket in winter
• Tour involves walking uphill for about 1000 feet on uneven terrain.
• Guests should use caution when walking across lava and rocky ground where fumes and heat exude.
• Guests will be at high altitudes (6,000 feet) throughout tour.
• Guests with heart diseases and/or high blood pressure should not ascend higher than 6,400 feet.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• No restrooms at Silvestri Spent Craters.