Journey to the countryside of Crete and gain a deeper appreciation of Cretan tradition and heritage. Enjoy a guided coach tour to a village that prides itself on a patriotic battle in 1896 that resulted in an end to Turkish domination. Stop at the nearby ruins of the Karidi Monastery, then continue to a local winery to enjoy the fruit of Crete's vines. End your tour with free time to roam Chania Town.
• Vamos: Explore a village founded by 8th century Arab pirates; see stunning arched ruins at an 8th- century monastery.
• Braoudakis Winery: Sample tantalizing local wine and discover warm Cretan hospitality at this family operation.
• Chania Town: Wander among shops, try the food, and enjoy Turkish and Venetian architecture, with 45 minutes free time.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Conservative attire
• Walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately one-half mile over various surfaces and cobblestone streets with a few steps.
• No tank tops or shorts in monastery.
• Drive to Vamos Village approximately 50 minutes; return to port approximately 30 minutes.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Guests failing to meet return coach are responsible for finding their own way back to ship.