OVERVIEW: Enjoy a guided panoramic tour of Cádiz and its bay by motor coach and on foot. Witness important monuments and landmarks with commentary along the way.
HIGHLIGHTS: Experience the highlights of the city of Cádiz through a guided walking tour and narrated panoramic bus ride. Visit the cathedral and view its interiors, ranging from 18th-century Baroque to 19th-century neo-classical styles.
NOTES: Guests must be able to walk approximately 2 miles (approximately 2.5 hours) over even surfaces with 15 to 25 steps.
See the best of Cadiz, the most ancient city still standing in Western Europe, by coach and on foot. See the Mudejar-style tobacco factory, a fusion of Romanesque, Gothic and Arabic influences (now Congress Palace). You'll pass the neoclassical Royal Prison, new and old cathedrals, fountains, cast-iron balustrades and castles. Stroll the splendid Plaza de la Mina in the heart of the old town, nearby Calle Ancha, with its 19th-century palaces, and Cadiz Cathedral.
• Cadiz by Coach: Pass Congress Palace, Santo Domingo Church, Roman theatre, old Royal Prison La Caleta, and Parque del Genoves.
• Plaza de la Mina: Visit the Cadiz Museum, featuring Phoenician and Roman artifacts, Baroque works of art and 19th-century marionettes.
• Cadiz Cathedral: See its interiors, ranging from 13th-century Baroque to 19th-century neoclassical styles.
What to Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Cash/Credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Conservative attire required in churches
• Guests must be able to walk about two miles (about 2.5 hours) over even surfaces with 15 to 25 steps.
• Cadiz Cathedral closed during mass services on Sundays and holidays.
• If cathedral is closed, guides give commentary outside; guests then enter quietly on their own.
• No exposed shoulders or knees in churches.
• No tank tops or shorts in churches.