Explore the birthplace of the Renaissance, as you embark on a guided walking tour of Florence before enjoying three hours to roam on your own. Stroll bustling city streets alongside your guide for 2-1/2 hours, exploring Piazza del Duomo, Piazza della Signoria, and passing near the Church of Santa Croce. Traverse the city at your own pace, eating pasta and paninis, visiting renowned galleries and museums, wandering the leather market, or exploring Ponte Vecchio bridge.
• Piazza del Duomo: Your guided walk in the Renaissance city includes its most famous square, with historic monuments and cathedral.
• Piazza della Signoria: Get exterior views of Santa Croce Church and arches of Loggia dei Lanzi in Florence's largest square.
• Free Time: Enjoy three hours exploring Uffizi or Accademia Musuem, or grab lunch while shopping for leather or Florentine gold.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash (Euros) /credit cards
• Sun protection What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Conservative attire required at religious sites
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately two miles over even and cobblestone streets with some steps and extended periods of standing.
• An escort will accompany coach to/from Florence.
• Your licensed guide will be met in Florence.
• Church of Santa Croce closed on Sundays, during special events and mass services.
• No exposed shoulders or knees in church.
• Comfort stop en route to Florence at a Florentine leather factory.
• Guests failing to meet return bus are responsible for finding their own way back to ship.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• In addition to English, this tour is offered in French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
• A minimum of 20 guests are needed for the tour to run in a different language.