On this leisurely paced walking tour, visit the lesser known side of Cozumel’s downtown “San Miguel” with visits to the oldest church in town and the Cozumel Museum. You will also be able to do some shopping along the way.
- Leisurely paced walking tour to lesser known parts of Cozumel
- Time for shopping
Get away from the crowds and experience Cozumel from a different angle on this leisurely paced walking tour to the lesser known side of Cozumel’s downtown San Miguel. View the peculiar architecture, visit a local bakery, enjoy a freshly made fruit popsicle, plus visit the oldest church in town built more than 100 years ago, and learn about the history of this unique community.
On this cultural walking tour you will be able to do some shopping in the various stores along the way. The last stop is the Cozumel Museum, where you will learn about Cozumel's history through interesting displays and artifacts. At the end of the tour, you can either follow the guide back to the ship along the waterfront or stay in town for additional shopping time. If you choose to remain in town, you are then responsible for your return to the ship.
What to Bring:
- You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship) and photo identification when in port
- Sun protection and sunglasses
- Cash/major credit cards for shopping
What to Wear:
- Strongly recommend wearing light clothing and comfortable walking shoes
- Given the nature of the tour, a considerable amount of walking is involved.