Delight in coastal scenery and learn the illustrious history of the native Tlingit people while traveling around Icy Strait Point in a wheeled, covered tram. Set out on a two-mile ride through dense rainforests with views of dazzling Icy Strait waters, and learn the ecology of local flora and fauna. Look for breaching whales and playful porpoises before wandering around a rocky beach independently, where you?ll get an up-close view of a bald eagle nest.
• Commentated Tram Ride: Relax on a two-mile route around Chichagof Island, where you'll identify local flora and relish waterfront views.
• Sightings: Watch for spouting humpback whales and spirited porpoises that might be splashing around the glittering Icy Strait waters.
• Independent Exploration: Walk along a pebbled beach area on your own, admiring snow-capped peaks or seeing a bald eagle nest.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Cash/Credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Warm Clothes
• Optional beach walk may have uneven terrain.
• The tram route is bumpy in places.
• Raincoats are recommended on this tour.