Enjoy a narrated motorcoach drive along Juneau's Gastineau Channel and through the Mendenhall Valley on the way to the blue ice of the Mendenhall Glacier. Pass by Gold Creek, where gold was discovered in 1880, and the Mendenhall Wetlands State Game Refuge. Soon, the valley slowly reveals the magnificent treasure hidden at its end. Guests have over 1 hour to spend at the glacier, walk the trails, snap exquisite photos and explore the visitor center.
• Narrated Ride: Learn tidbits about Juneau, the valley and glacier and what life is like in Alaska's capital city.
• Mendenhall Glacier: Visit this crown jewel of Alaska, the world's largest, most accessible glacier by road.
• Juneau's Marine Park: After visiting the glacier, return to town to experience the local galleries, restaurants and shops.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• When you are ready to return to the ship, you can either walk the short distance to the pier; if docked at AJ or Franklin docks, you can catch the shuttle at the Mount Roberts Tramway.