Raw, lively and highly entertaining history comes alive at The Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show & Competition. The cheering & heckles become roars of excitement as the two rugged teams of Champion Lumberjacks compete in chopping, sawing, tree climbing, log rolling and axe throwing with music and lore. This Historic Show is located along the old harbor and Red Light district just blocks from the pier and is viewed in the comfort of covered, cushioned grandstands.
• Lumberjack Competition: Southeast Alaska's rich logging history comes to life during an exhilarating display of lumberjack skills.
• Fun for Everyone: This rip-roaring celebration of a bygone era makes for a family adventure suitable for all ages.
• Rain-or-Shine Venue: Enjoy grandstand seating that is covered, cushioned, heated, and handicap accessible.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• A colorful host both introduces the events and provides a historic view of the Alaskan timber industry that has shaped this rugged land.