Savor the aroma of wild salmon, grilling over fires of fragrant alder wood in a rain forest alongside a creek and under translucent domes that protect you rain or shine. Choose from grilled salmon, Cheechako Chicken, Chilkoot Baked Beans, Tongass Wild-Rice Pilaf, to Gold Rush Potatoes and a robust selection of other sides, salads and beverages. A local musician sets a festive mood. And, just when you think you've had enough — bring on the blueberry cake for dessert! After your meal, roast marshmallows over a campfire and stroll to the Salmon Creek waterfall and view the remains of the Wagner Mine, learn about the natural history of the area and try your hand at panning for gold.
Savor an all-you-can-feast adventure at an alfresco salmon bake. Depart by shuttle bus for a short ride into lush rainforest, where a beautiful creek-side setting is cradled in the aroma of wild salmon, slowly grilling to perfection over fires of fragrant alder wood. While a musician sets a festive mood, dig into a smorgasbord that includes all the fixings. Then explore the nearby waterfall at Salmon Creek and pan for gold, before returning for seconds.
• Salmon Bake: Feast on salmon, Cheechako Chicken, Chilkoot Baked Beans, other sides and salads, and blueberry cake for dessert.
• Unique Setting: Enjoy the open-air dining, the short hike to Salmon Creek and the opportunity to pan for gold.
• Free, Regular Shuttle: Eat and run, or stay to soak up the ambiance and roast marshmallows by a campfire. What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes Important Notes:
• Beer and wine are available for purchase.
• Rain or shine: Translucent domes offer diners ample protection from the elements.
• Vegetarian dining options also offered by tour operator.