Discover Victoria's rich history on a tour of this charming Provincial Capital. From the pier head straight to the heart of Victoria—the Inner Harbor area. You'll find the British Columbia Parliament Buildings, the Empress Hotel, and the Royal British Columbia Museum. From there continue to Craigdarroch Castle, the grand estate of industrialist John Dunsmuir. Most of this four-story masterpiece has been fully restored to its original condition. After exploring Craigdarroch on an approximate 1 hour self-guided tour, re-board your coach and head into the upscale residential neighborhoods, where the perfectly manicured lawns and abundant flowers explain Victoria's "City of Gardens" nickname.
Discover the rich history of Victoria, the charming provincial capital. Your tour begins at the Inner Harbor where you’ll find the British Columbia Parliament Buildings, the famous Empress Hotel, and the Royal British Columbia Museum, along with street performers and food vendors. A one-hour self-guided tour of Craigdarroch Castle explores industrialist John Dunsmuir’s fully-restored grand estate. Continue through the perfectly manicured floral lawns of upscale residential neighborhoods that explain Victoria’s “City of Gardens” nickname.
• Craigdarroch Castle: Enjoy a one hour self-guided tour exploring the grand estate of industrialist John Dunsmuir.
• City of Gardens: See perfectly manicured lawns and abundant flowers in upscale neighborhoods of Victoria.
• Inner Harbor: See the Empress Hotel, British Columbia Parliament Buildings, and the Royal British Columbia Museum.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• There are 89 steps throughout the castle.
• A small flight of stairs leads in and out of the castle with the remainder being internal, leading to the different floor levels.