Catch "gold fever" and experience what it was like to seek your fortune during Gold Rush days! Head out with a prospector/guide in authentic 19th-century dress for a historical tour of Juneau including the state capitol. Then, turn up the road to Gold Creek and "Last Chance Basin", where Joe Juneau and Richard Harris struck gold in 1880. In a secluded setting your prospector shows you how gold panning is done. Then, it's your turn, as you learn how to expertly work the pan with helpful tips and advice. You're guaranteed to find gold! And, all that glitters is yours to keep. Take home a souvenir Orelove Brothers Gold Claim Certificate and all the gold you find.
Discover that all that glitters really is gold, at least on a gold mining and panning adventure near Juneau. Start with a quick historical tour of Juneau and the state capitol. Head up the road to nearby Gold Creek and Last Chance Basin, where Joe Juneau and Richard Harris hit it big in 1880. Get the hang of gold panning from a prospector/guide, then catch the fever and try to strike it rich.
• Gold Creek: In a legendary, beautiful setting near a waterfall, learn from a prospector how to pan for gold.
• Pan for Gold: Catch gold fever either in the creek or the demonstration trough. Keep what you find.
• Hands-On History: Gain an appreciation of what it was like during the gold rush in the wilds of Alaska. What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes Important Notes:
• The tour operator guarantees that everyone who pans finds gold.
• An Orelove Brothers Gold Claim Certificate is offered as a souvenir.