Discover that all that glitters really is gold, at least on a gold mining and panning adventure near Juneau. Start with a quick historical tour of Juneau and the state capitol. Head up the road to nearby Gold Creek and Last Chance Basin, where Joe Juneau and Richard Harris hit it big in 1880. Get the hang of gold panning from a prospector/guide, then catch the fever and try to strike it rich.
• Gold Creek: In a legendary, beautiful setting near a waterfall, learn from a prospector how to pan for gold.
• Pan for Gold: Catch gold fever either in the creek or the demonstration trough. Keep what you find.
• Hands-On History: Gain an appreciation of what it was like during the gold rush in the wilds of Alaska.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• The tour operator guarantees that everyone who pans finds gold.
• An Orelove Brothers Gold Claim Certificate is offered as a souvenir.