Enjoy a narrated bus tour of Noumea's most scenic highlights, plus free time at Anse Vata Beach. Your tour begins with a drive through the city's historic downtown area, past the lovely central square, the Place des Cocotiers. You'll see the main harbor and the beautiful bays around the peninsula that forms Noumea. Your bus tour culminates with a visit to Anse Vata Beach, where you'll enjoy up to 90 minutes of free time. Guests must be able to walk approximately one-half mile over flat and uneven surfaces. The tour guide will outline options for free time at Anse Vata beach.
Enjoy a commentated bus tour of Noumea’s most scenic highlights, plus free time at Anse Vata Beach, a popular recreational spot for tourists and locals alike.
Board a comfortable motor coach with your guide at the pier and drive into the city’s historic downtown area, past the lovely central square, the Place des Cocotiers, en route to Our Lady of Pacific lookout point above the city for a photo opportunity. You’ll see the main harbor, with your ship, below, and out to the beautiful bays that around the peninsula that forms Noumea. Take a refreshment break with a cool drink and delicious French pastries.
You’ll then drive along the scenic Promenade Vernier, which follows the coastline, passing the only five star property of the island, Le Meridien Hotel, before you again ascend to another lookout, Ouen Toro. Here you’ll enjoy a panoramic of New Caledonia’s expansive blue lagoon and neighboring islands and coral islets. Enjoy the views of spectacular natural formations and beauty.
The next stop is Noumea’s famous Anse Vata Beach, whose long stretch of sand is next to grassy areas filled with palms and other trees and attracts locals and visitors, many of whom are staying in nearby hotel and resort properties. You’ll have up to 90 minutes of free time at the beach.
On you return to the ship, the guide will point out old military barracks, important government buildings and other sights, as well as turquoise waters of the Baie des Citrons and Baie de l’Orphelinat.
• Guided bus tour: Take in amazing views and learn about the fascinate culture and history of Noumea.
• Stops at Notre Dame de Pacifique and Ouen toro look out point.
• Cider and French pastries at Notre dame du Pacifique.
• Leisure time: Delight in 90 minutes of free time at Anse Vata Beach.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash for shopping and refreshments
• Sun protection
• Towel (optional, from ship)
What to Wear:
• Swimsuit under a cover up or lightweight clothing
• Comfortable shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately one-half mile over flat and uneven surfaces.
• The tour guide will outline options for free time at Anse Vata beach.
• There are no changing facilities in Anse Vata Beach.