The popular holiday resort of Omis was once the lair for pirates who once ruled the Adriatic. Tour the town, where their fortresses still stand guard, then cruise up the dramatic river gorge to a historic mill. On the return to Split, enjoy a guided tour of the medeival old town, which was built inside a former Roman imperial complex called Diocletian's Palace. Down the narrow alleys that used to be hallways, discover churches and palaces as well as cafes, shops and galleries.
NOTES: Exploration of Diocletian Palace is on foot over paved and cobblestone terrain with around 15 steps.
Discover the highlights of historical Split, explore Omis, a traditional Dalmatian village and take in Croatia's natural beauty on a boat ride down the scenic Cetina River. Enjoy a guided tour of the quaint village of Omis, before boarding a riverboat to float down the stunning Cetina River. Take in the essential sights of Old Town Split on a guided walk, and experience the rich cultural heritage of Diocletian's Palace, a proclaimed UNESCO World Heritage Site.Highlights:
• Town of Omis: Set at the mouth of Croatia's Cetina River, this quaint resort village features hillside medieval ruins.
• Cetina River: Boat down one of Croatia's most scenic rivers, and enjoy snacks and refreshments in a riverside restaurant.
• Split: Discover the city's rich history on a guided walk featuring Diocletian's palace.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Light clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .5 miles over varied surfaces and climb approximately 15 stairs.
• There is an approximately .5-hour drive, each way, between Split and Omis, depending on traffic.