Unwind and frolic at one of Santorini's fabled beaches, located less than an hour from port. Enjoy your 2-½ hour Perivolos Beach break at your pleasure and pace: lounge on a sunbed, stroll the long stretch of black sand, swim in the azure Aegean, or take advantage of watersports and other optional activities. Recharge at a nearby taverna for refreshments, light snacks and great people watch
• Perivolos Beach: Sunbathe and swim in a family-friendly setting of black volcanic sand beaches, calm waves and accessible amenities.
• Relax Time: Be a carefree lounge lizard, build a black sandcastle or bound into the crystal clear waters.
• Santorini Views: Enjoy jaw-dropping scenery, from black beaches at Perivolos, to hilltop Fira and your scenic cable car descent.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Towel (available onboard the ship)
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Comfortable shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Foreign currencies not accepted.
• Beach umbrellas and sunbeds available for rent on first-come, first-serve basis.
• Optional water activities payable at site and performed at guests' own risk.
• Beach amenities include refreshment/snack bars. Euros only.
• Nude sunbathing and swimming not permitted at this family beach.
• No lifeguard on duty. Swimming is at guest's own risk.
• Guests must be able to walk one-half mile on their own in Fira Town to reach cable car station.
• Guests must be able to walk uphill for 450 feet to reach Mitropolis church.
• One-way cable car ticket from Fira to tender loading included. Expect waiting and queuing time at cable car station. In Fira Town, escort leads you past Mitropolis Church to cable car station for descent to tender pier and return to the ship. No shuttle service from beach. Guests failing to meet return coach are responsible for finding their own way back to ship. Drive from pier to beach approximately 30 minutes; drive to Fira Town approximately 20 minutes. Excursion operates June through September.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.