If you've already seen the highlights of Athens and seek a new sightseeing realm, leave the neophytes behind for an eye-opening jaunt to Corinth. Zip by motorcoach along the Saronic Gulf coastal road to the Corinth Canal for both an impressive bridge view of the four-mile-long waterway, and a boat cruise on it. Then reboard the coach for a narrated ride through Ancient Corinth, one of antiquity's most significant and cosmopolitan towns.
• Corinth Canal: Cruise along this unforgettable marvel of 19th century marine engineering and enjoy complimentary snacks.
• Ancient Corinth: Julius Caesar, St. Paul and Nero, each spent time in this once-prominent citadel, gateway and thriving city.
• Fabled Venues: See archaeological treasures that include the Apollo Temple, Fountain of Glauke, Spring of Periander, and Lechaion Road.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash (Euros) /credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately one mile over varying terrain, inclines and numerous steps.
• Canal boat has upper deck.
• Drive from Piraeus to Corinth approximately 1-1/4 hours each way.
• Please note: you will not see, pass by, or visit the famous "Acropolis of Athens".
• Ongoing restorations are frequently in progress at ruins.
• Due to crowds on May 1 national holiday guides give extended commentary from exterior of sites.
• Foreign currencies not accepted in many venues.
• Tour sequence may vary.