Celebrate past and present Peloponnesian culture on a guided excursion that blends the glory of Ancient Olympia with a taste of traditionally produced wine. Start with a visit to Katakolon, a fishing village on the Ionian coast. Then sprint to the site of the first Olympic Games to visit temples and shrines honoring ancient gods, now treasures of world archaeology. Shop in modern-day Olympia before visiting Mercouri Winery to enjoy a wine tasting and snack.
• Ancient Olympia: Step onto marble starting blocks, still in their original positions, at the Olympic stadium.
• Archaeology: See impressive ruins at the temples of Zeus and Hera, the Gymnasium, Council House, and Shrine of Pelops.
• Mercouri Winery: Visit the estate of a local wine producer and savor their flagship wines with a tasty snack.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash (Euros)/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Closed-toe shoes
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1-1/2 miles over uneven and rocky paths.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately three-quarters of a mile from coach park to visit city center in Olympia Town.
• Guests will have approximately 1-1/2 hours at archeological site.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Foreign currencies not accepted in most venues.