OVERVIEW: Designed for guests who want to take in the history of Etruscan Italy and enjoy the taste of classic, homemade Italian products.
HIGHLIGHTS: Enjoy a walk with your guide through the narrow cobblestone lanes in Tuscania, a classic village at the top of a rocky hill overlooking the Maremma region which dates back to the 9th century BC. Savor classic, homemade flavors of olive oil with typical bruschetta bread and wine at a local farmhouse.
NOTES: Guests must be able to walk approximately 0.5 miles over uneven cobblestone surfaces with inclines and 15 to 30 steps. The drive is approximately 1 hour each way.
Take in the warm colors of the Etruscan countryside, explore the layered history of Tuscania, and enjoy homemade delicacies at a local farmhouse. Enjoy a guided walk through narrow cobblestone lanes of charming Tuscania, taking in the surrounding valleys. Then drive to a family-owned farmhouse to sample olive oils with typical bruschetta bread, tomatoes, homemade jam and honey, along with local wine and liquor.
• Etruscan Italy: Travel northwards on a scenic bus ride, enjoying the warm hues of ancient villages, verdant hills and valleys.
• Tuscania: Enjoy a walk with your guide through the narrow cobblestone lanes of this charming village.
• Italian Olive Oil: Learn about the history of olive oil production; enjoy sampling two different oils accompanied by typical delicacies.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• This tour is not offered for guests inter-porting in Rome.
• The drive to and from Tuscania is approximately one hour and the return drive from the farmhouse to Civitavecchia is approximately 45 minutes, subject to traffic conditions.
• Guests will receive emergency contact numbers during bus ride to Tuscania.
• Guests must be able to walk about one-half mile over uneven cobblestone surfaces with inclines and 15 to 30 steps.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Shops in Tuscania are closed on Sundays, Thursday afternoons, and holidays.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Tour sequence may vary.