For those who want an overall impression of the island of Tenerife, and to discover the essence of the surroundings, this tour is for you. Vertical cliffs, banana plantations, natural pools designed by famous artist and architect Cesar Manrique, all come together to make Tenerife the island of eternal spring.
Enjoy the delightful panorama of the Northern portion of Tenerife during this half-day island drive. Relax and take in the beauty of this tour with little walking and some free time in Puerto de la Cruz for souvenir shopping.
The Orotava Valley is a fruitful and greenish valley that runs from the sea to the highest mountain of Spain, Mount Teide. It is a known site of vineyards and banana plantations fed by the waters of the mountains through a complex network of water channels and it´s here that your first stop, at the Humboldt Viewpoint, is made to enjoy the greatest panoramic view of the immense Valley.
Next, it is on to Puerto de la Cruz; the coastal town is the tour’s second stop and the main tourist resort on the north of the island. A panoramic drive will take you through this popular town passing by its main tourist sites, the famous Plaza del Charco (Puddle Square), the picturesque fishing harbor that consists of two breakwaters that give protection to the town, and finally the beach Playa Jardin, the favorite volcanic dark sand beach for locals.
The tour continues to San Pedro, where a panoramic photo-stop will be made to enjoy the cliffs and the astonishing coastal relief. On the return drive to the ship, stop to enjoy a coffee break at the Meson El Monasterio, situated on the hill of La Montañeta, from where you may enjoy the scenic views over the valley.
• Panoramic drive with photo stops
• Coffee break and snack at Meson el Monasterio
What to Bring:
• You should always take your SeaPass card (provided onboard the ship) and photo identification when in port
• Camera and credit card or local currency for souvenirs or snacks.
• Sun protection, sunglasses, and bottled water as it can be quite warm / sunny in Tenerife.
What to Wear:
• Strongly recommend wearing seasonal clothing and comfortable walking shoes.
• Tour involves a minimal amount of walking and is recommended for guests with limited mobility; however it is not wheelchair accessible.
• The air-conditioned coach is equipped with safety belts that must be worn while the coach is underway.