After a safety and instruction briefing, you will set out on your ecological tour through the islands that surround Gatun Lake. The kayak portion of your tour will conclude at the Sol Melia Resort for a brief bus transfer to the Gatun Locks where you will be given time to view the locks from the observation deck.
Set out on an ecological tour of Gatun Lake and its amazing surroundings. After a safety and instruction briefing, you will venture on your kayak to the lake and explore its surroundings. It houses about 1,368 species of vascular plants, 93 species of mammals and as many as 366 species of birds. Next, a bus will transfer you to the Gatun Locks Lookout where you can see the operation of the Panama Canal.Highlights:
• Kayaking: Experience beautiful flora, fauna and wildlife of Gatun Lake.
• Gatun Locks Lookout: See the operation of the Panama Canal. What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Towel (from ship) What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Shoes with non-slip soles
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Change of clothes Important Notes:
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.