Local Life Experience: Metro Ride, Kuznechny Market - PZ89
Begin experience of today's Russia with short drive to underground stations. St. Petersburg Subway is acclaimed as one of best in world for efficiency, cleanliness & architecture. Older stations are richly decorated & new ones are simple, modern but not less impressive. Leave Metro at one Central Stations & follow guide to Kuznechny Food Market. Enjoy exploring variety of fare and atmosphere. Next, board coach & visit restaurant for cup of tea. Note: must walk approx 0.5 mile over uneven and cobblestone surfaces with approx 40 - 60 steps. Due to walking & stair climbing involved, not recommended for walkers or wheelchairs. Have approx 30- min for shopping at Kuznechny Market.
Ready to reserve this excursion?
Get an authentic slice of St, Petersburg life on a guided tour that takes you by subway to the city's delightfully boisterous main market. You'll ride St. Petersburg's Metro, world-renowned for its efficiency, cleanliness and architecture artistry, to the organized chaos of Kuznechny Market, thick with the aromas of spices and the shouts of hagglers. Sample farm-fresh cheese, produce and a variety of honeys. Explore rows of stalls overflowing with flowers, fresh-caught fish and handmade crafts.
Ready to reserve this excursion?
• Metro: One of the world's best subway systems; each station is a work of art designed in a different theme.
• Kuznechny: Experience the sights, smells and tastes of this huge market, mingling with locals expert in the art of haggling.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Kids Tour Free: Offer applies to select tours conducted between 5/1/16 and 8/31/16. With the purchase of one adult ticket for a qualifying tour, receive one complimentary child ticket for the same tour. Offer applies to tours purchased up to two days prior to cruise departure: the complimentary ticket will be issued in the form of an onboard credit (“OBC”) in the amount of the child ticket price. Child must be 12 years of age or under. Ticketed adult and child must be booked in the same stateroom. Selection of qualifying tours vary by sailing and port. Offer and tours are subject to availability. OBC will be applied to the guest's folio, is not redeemable for cash, is non-transferrable, and will expire at 10:00PM on the final night of the sailing. No tour substitutions.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately half a mile over uneven and cobblestone surfaces, with approximately 40 to 60 steps.
• Time permitting, guests will have approximately 30 minutes for shopping at the Kuznechny Market.