Get to know the oldest and most charming part of Stockholm, the Old Town. Visit the State Apartments displaying magnificent baroque and rococo interiors, and still often being used for different functions. Continue with your guide for a walk along the narrow streets and experience the medieval intimacy of what is today a living historical monument of international renown. See the exterior of the Cathedral, the oldest church in Stockholm, see Stortorget, the Great Square, centre of the Old Town, dominated by the old Stock Exchange, today housing the Nobel (Prize) Museum and the Swedish Academy. Enjoy some free time for independent activities.
Explore the grand halls of a Swedish king and the cobblestone streets of the first Stockholmers. Your guide will lead you through the magnificent Royal Palace, where Sweden's king manages royal affairs. Admire the baroque interiors of the State Apartments. Stroll the Old Town's Great Square and enjoy free time on your own.
• Royal Palace: Marvel at the art, architecture and ornate interior design on a guided tour of the State Apartments.
• Old Town: Discover the rich cultural heritage of a city founded in 1252; visit the Great Square.
• Stockholm Free Time: Relax in a cafe on the square or browse antique shops, art galleries and boutiques.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1¼ miles over cobblestone and interior surfaces, with approximately 150 steps.
• When Royal Palace is closed due to a private function, a venue substitution will be announced on the ship.
• When the State Apartments are unavailable, the Bernadotte or Guest Apartments will be substituted.
• Time permitting, guests will have approximately 45 minutes of free time in Old Town.
• Tour sequence may vary.