Bergen is a city filled with rich traditions, classic architecture, and stunning Norwegian vistas. Your day begins with a drive through historic neighborhoods lined with whitewashed wooden homes. Pass St. Mary's Church, the oldest stone building in Bergen, and then drive along the waterfront. Feel the energy and excitement of the bustling Fish and Flower market. Then, discover a far more peaceful landscape as you reach the green hills outside the city.
See Bergen’s most notable landmarks, as you view the Norwegian city’s bustling Bryggen wharf, remarkable churches, hawker market and stately medieval structures via comfortable coach. Drive by Bryggen’s illustrious harbor front, where 18th-century Hanseatic merchants once peddled goods. See Haakon’s Hall, a medieval royal residence, dignified Rosenkrantz Tower and St. Mary’s Church, the city’s oldest stone building. Visit the city’s center, where you can peruse the fish and flower market before heading back to port.
• Bryggen: The legendary Hanseatic wharf once swarmed with 18th-century merchants selling wares from the harbor-front area’s timber row houses.
• Scenic Drive: Enjoy spectacular city views while traveling in a comfortable motor coach before roaming the fish and flower market.
• City Landmarks: See medieval Haakon’s Hall, stately Rosenkrantz Tower and 12th-century St. Mary’s Church, the city’s oldest stone building.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Kids Tour Free: Offer applies to select tours conducted between 5/1/16 and 8/31/16. With the purchase of one adult ticket for a qualifying tour, receive one complimentary child ticket for the same tour. Offer applies to tours purchased up to two days prior to cruise departure: the complimentary ticket will be issued in the form of an onboard credit (“OBC”) in the amount of the child ticket price. Child must be 12 years of age or under. Ticketed adult and child must be booked in the same stateroom. Selection of qualifying tours vary by sailing and port. Offer and tours are subject to availability. OBC will be applied to the guest's folio, is not redeemable for cash, is non-transferrable, and will expire at 10:00PM on the final night of the sailing. No tour substitutions.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Tour order may vary