See the significant sights of Copenhagen and then discover the historic seaside village of Dragør. The ideal introduction to Denmark’s capital takes you by Town Hall Square and the amusement-ride and flower-filled Tivoli Gardens. Stop for a photo at Christiansborg Castle, parliament’s home, and at Amaliehaven, the beautiful seafront park, before you head to the end of Amager island and Dragør, a quaint town settled by the Dutch in the early 16th Century.
• Tivoli Gardens: One of the world’s oldest amusement parks dates from 1843 and overflows with fun rides and greenery.
• Amaliehaven: Explore this little oasis with its fountain and flowers close to the harbor and the queen’s residence – Amalienborg Palace.
• Dragør: See charming yellow painted homes and stop for coffee in this town that once produced food for Danish royalty.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately one-half mile over even and cobblestones surfaces with 10 to 15 steps.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• Time permitting; guests will have about 20 minutes for shopping and browsing in Dragor.
• In addition to English this tour is offered in Spanish.
• A minimum of 20 guests is needed for the tour to run in a different language.