In Flam you will board the famous Flam Railway, one of the world's most interesting works of railroad engineering and today included in the list of the world's most beautiful railway journeys. Through approximately 20 tunnels you travel up the steep cliffs to an altitude of 2845 ft above sea level. Along the way you will stop at the mighty Kjosfossen Waterfall. Upon reaching the final destination of the Flam Railway, Myrdal, a change of trains is needed. You then embark the Bergen Railway to continue your trip to Voss. I Voss you will be served lunch at one of the hotels in Voss.
Take one of the world’s most beautiful railway journeys up sloping Fjord Mountains on a tour that includes spectacular waterfalls and a scenic drive to a medieval village. You’ll climb nearly 3,000 feet on the famous Flam Railway, stopping at mighty Kjosfossen Falls, and drive through the countryside to historic, lakeside Voss for lunch and time to explore. You’ll also see Tvinde and Stalheim falls, with gorgeous valley views at elegant Stalheim Hotel.
• Flam Railway: Climb 2,845 feet past snow-dusted mountains and hillside farms on one of the world's most beautiful rail journeys.
• Spectacular Waterfalls: See the roaring Kjosfossen, the step-like cliffside cascade of the Tvinde and the plunging Stalheimsfossen.
• Voss: Admire the monuments and lake views of this picturesque medieval village, with lunch at a local hotel.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Walking or hiking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately half a mile over paved and unpaved surfaces, with approximately 30 steps.
• Boarding the train requires one large step, with three steps to exit.
• Zig-zag road usually opens in May-if road is closed due to snow the motorcoaches will drive via the tunnels.
• Tour order may vary