Experience life in an idyllic mountain dairy village that has changed little over time. Travel scenic winding roads to tiny Undredal, a hamlet of about 130 people – but five times that many goats – by the blue waters and huge mountain walls of the Aurland fjord. Browse village shops and see Scandinavia’s smallest stave church. Learn the ways of mountain dairy life at the “Fire House,” sampling the town’s signature brown and white goat cheeses.
• Undredal: Browse village shops and see the smallest stave church in Scandinavia, dating back to the 12th century.
• Artisanal cheese: Learn about mountain dairy farming and sample Undredal’s signature cheeses, still produced the old-fashioned way.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 300 yards over even and gravel surfaces, with a few steps.