The Flam Railroad transports you 2,800 feet above sea level into the wilds of Norway. You'll cross over rivers, navigate hairpin turns, and pass through dark tunnels on your way to the top. Stop to take in the incredible Kjosfossen Waterfall, and then continue your journey to the Vatnahalsen Mountain Hotel. There, you'll enjoy fresh, homemade waffles and jam before approximately 60-90 minutes of free time to explore on your own.
All aboard! ... for a ride on one of the world’s steepest rail lines, climbing nearly 3,000 feet up the Flam Valley to the end of the line: the Vatnahalsen Mountain Hotel. Enjoy spectacular views of rivers, ravines, lush pastureland and snow-capped mountain peaks, with a photo stop at the Kjosfossen waterfall. Stroll the beautiful grounds of mountain-side Vatnahalsen Hotel, with a snack of homemade Norwegian waffles, sour cream and jam.
• Flam Railway: Climb past Flam valley on one of the world’s steepest railways, passing waterfalls, cliffs and mountaintop farms.
• Vatnahalsen Hotel: Enjoy breathtaking mountain views, homemade waffles with a hot beverage, and time to walk the grounds.
• Kjosfossen: Feel the spray of this gushing, 738-ft. waterfall from a viewing platform that provides beautiful views for photos.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Warm clothes
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Time at the Vatnahalsen Hotel is determined by train schedule and will vary.
• The railway stations and the train do not have restrooms.
• Guests must be able to walk about 220 yards, with three steep steps to enter and exit the train and six steps at Vatnahalsen Hotel.