OVERVIEW: Experience the natural and relaxing atmosphere of the Baltic Sea. Visit Jurmala and, if the sun is shining, enjoy the beach.
HIGHLIGHTS: Visit Jurmala, the spa resort and its historical cottages close to the Baltic Sea. Enjoy a stroll down Jomas Street and if weather permits, enjoy free time to sunbathe or take a dip in the Baltic Sea.
NOTES: Guests must be able to walk approximately 2 miles over even and cobblestone surfaces. If weather permits, bring your beach items with you such as bathing suit and towel.
Experience the Baltic’s answer to the French Riviera. The natural and relaxing atmosphere of Jurmala welcomes visitors with a host of spa resorts and a string of historical wooden estates close to the Baltic Sea. Your three-hour tour includes strolling down Jomas Street, the pedestrian-only main thoroughfare. And, if the weather is on your side, enjoy some free time sunning yourself on the beach or taking a dip in the sea.
• Nature’s health spa: Jurmala mixes sea breezes, pine aromas, mineral springs and sandy beach—the perfect therapeutic combination.
• Beachside architecture: Nineteenth- and 20-century wooden structures of all sizes dot the coastline — more than 4,000 total.
• Interesting fact: Leonid Brezhnev, Nikita Khrushchev and other Communist elites preferred relaxing in Jurmala.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Towel (from ship)
What to Wear:
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk about 2 miles over even and cobblestone surfaces.