Experience Tallinn through the centuries on a guided walk and drive of its historic and cultural landmarks, with refreshments at a seaside cafe. This tour reveals the many contrasting faces of Tallinn, its differing nature and styles of life. You will drive to Lower Old Town and have a stroll through the medieval cobbled streets. Take some memorable photos on the vibrant Town Hall Square and continue your contrasting tour out of the Old Town. After rejoining your coach you will drive to and visit Song Festival Ground which gradually changes into an area of neat and lovely private houses from the 50's in the Pirita-Kose district. To have a more realistic understanding of Estonian peasant life in the 19th-20th centuries you will visit the Viimsi Open Air Museum, which displays buildings from a seaside farm. Before returning you will have a coffee break in a boat-shaped restaurant with panoramic views of the city over the Bay of Tallinn. On the way back, see the 1980 Olympic Yachting Complex, and visit Song Festival Grounds, one of Europe's most popular concert venues. You will drive back to the port through the modern city centre with its banks, hotels, office buildings and shopping areas.
• Old Tallinn: See Town Hall, St. Bridget's Convent, and Viimsi Open Air Museum, a reconstructed 18th-century fishing village.
• Modern Tallinn: Admire the Olympic Yachting Complex, Song Festival Grounds and charming private homes in the Kose-Pirita district.
• Viimsi Peninsula: Relax with views of the Baltic while enjoying a snack at a boat-shaped seaside restaurant.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Walking shoes with non-slip soles
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately one mile over cobblestones, even and grassy surfaces, with 5 to 15 steps and some inclines.
• Guests may stay in Tallinn at end of tour, arranging their own transportation back to ship.
• Tour sequence may vary.