Learn about the history and way life in the Latvian countryside — all in the authentic surroundings. The Ethnographic Open-Air Museum, just outside Riga, includes more than 100 buildings representing Latvia’s four provinces: Vidzeme, Kurzeme, Zemgale and Latgale. Visit peasants’ farmsteads, windmills, wooden churches and pubs showing rural Latvia from the 17th century until the 1940s. Then enjoy a performance featuring a Latvian folk music and dance group.
• Latvian history and culture: Discover the country’s rural past and way of life in an open-air setting just outside Riga.
• All Latvia’s provinces represented: Learn about how peasants from Vidzeme, Kurzeme, Zemgale and Latgale lived.
• Enjoy the show: Take in a performance by a Latvian folk music and dance group.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Tour is operated only in English.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests with preexisting neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions, or any other medical condition, must take particular caution when selecting a tour, particularly tours categorized as “strenuous.”
• Guests must consult with their physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.