See 200-year-old Mikhailovsky Castle, each side architecturally unique, and visit the breathtakingly beautiful Church on Spilled Blood, built on the spot of a czar's assassination. Marvel at its rich colors, gem-encrusted cupolas, 83,000 square feet of stunning mosaics and altars carved from semiprecious-stones. See the palaces lining the Field of Mars, named after the Roman god of war. Stroll through Michael's Garden, a favorite of Petersburg locals, and shop for souvenirs at a local market.
• Mikhailovsky Castle Photo Stop: Each side is designed in a different style, including French Classicist, Italian Renaissance and Gothic.
• Church on Spilled Blood: A visual feast of rich colors, domed cupolas of jeweled enamel and altars of semiprecious stones.
• Michael's Garden and Souvenirs: Stroll through a favorite park of Petersburg locals and shop for souvenirs at a local market.
• Free time: Enjoy about half an hour on your own to shop for gifts, souvenirs and other treasures in one of the recommended souvenir shops.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Valid tour ticket
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Comfortable walking shoes
During the whole period of the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup Russia, ending on July 2nd 2017, a Fan Zone has been constructed at the area of the Church of the Spilled Blood. As a result, restrictions & security checks around this area, by the local authorities, might affect tours. These restrictions may result in extended walking portions, due to parking situation or similar, however cannot be determined until the day of the tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1½ miles over uneven and cobblestone surfaces, with approximately 20 steps.
• No tank tops or shorts.
• Tour price includes photo and video charges at the Church of Our Savior on Spilled Blood.
• Photography is not permitted in the functioning church.
• Time permitting; guests will have approximately 30 minutes for souvenir shopping at the market outside of the Church of Our Savior on Spilled Blood.
• Tour order may vary but all listed sites will be covered.