See 200-year-old Mikhailovsky Castle, each side architecturally unique, and visit the breathtakingly beautiful Church on Spilled Blood, built on the spot of a czar's assassination. Marvel at its rich colors, gem-encrusted cupolas, 83,000 square feet of stunning mosaics and altars carved from semiprecious-stones. See the palaces lining the Field of Mars, named after the Roman god of war. Stroll through Michael's Garden, a favorite of Petersburg locals, and shop for souvenirs at a local market.
• Mikhailovsky Castle Photo Stop: Each side is designed in a different style, including French Classicist, Italian Renaissance and Gothic.
• Church on Spilled Blood: A visual feast of rich colors, domed cupolas of jeweled enamel and altars of semiprecious stones.
• Michael's Garden and Souvenirs: Stroll through a favorite park of Petersburg locals and shop for souvenirs at a local market.
• Free time: Enjoy about half an hour on your own to shop for gifts, souvenirs and other treasures in one of the recommended souvenir shops.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Valid tour ticket
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1½ miles over uneven and cobblestone surfaces, with approximately 20 steps.
• No tank tops or shorts.
• Tour price includes photo and video charges at the Church of Our Savior on Spilled Blood.
• Photography is not permitted in the functioning church.
• Time permitting; guests will have approximately 30 minutes for souvenir shopping at the market outside of the Church of Our Savior on Spilled Blood.
• Tour order may vary but all listed sites will be covered.