This tour will be operated in English only. The tour to the Latvian Ethnography Open Air Museum in a pine trees forest on the coast of Lake Jugla is a wonderful possibility to learn about the history and life in Latvia in the authentic surroundings. You will visit peasants' farmsteads, windmills, wooden churches and pubs from all Latvia's provinces, Vidzeme, Kurzeme, Zemgale and Latgale. The tour will finish with attractive performance of Latvian folk music and dance group.
Learn about the history and way life in the Latvian countryside — all in the authentic surroundings. The Ethnographic Open-Air Museum, just outside Riga, includes more than 100 buildings representing Latvia’s four provinces: Vidzeme, Kurzeme, Zemgale and Latgale. Visit peasants’ farmsteads, windmills, wooden churches and pubs showing rural Latvia from the 17th century until the 1940s. Then enjoy a performance featuring a Latvian folk music and dance group.
• Latvian history and culture: Discover the country’s rural past and way of life in an open-air setting just outside Riga.
• All Latvia’s provinces represented: Learn about how peasants from Vidzeme, Kurzeme, Zemgale and Latgale lived.
• Enjoy the show: Take in a performance by a Latvian folk music and dance group.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Tour is operated only in English.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests with preexisting neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions, or any other medical condition, must take particular caution when selecting a tour, particularly tours categorized as “strenuous.”
• Guests must consult with their physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.