All aboard! ... for a ride on one of the world’s steepest rail lines, climbing nearly 3,000 feet up the Flam Valley to the end of the line: the Vatnahalsen Mountain Hotel. Enjoy spectacular views of rivers, ravines, lush pastureland and snow-capped mountain peaks, with a photo stop at the Kjosfossen waterfall. Stroll the beautiful grounds of mountain-side Vatnahalsen Hotel, with a snack of homemade Norwegian waffles, sour cream and jam.
• Flam Railway: Climb past Flam valley on one of the world’s steepest railways, passing waterfalls, cliffs and mountaintop farms.
• Vatnahalsen Hotel: Enjoy breathtaking mountain views, homemade waffles with a hot beverage, and time to walk the grounds.
• Kjosfossen: Feel the spray of this gushing, 738-ft. waterfall from a viewing platform that provides beautiful views for photos.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Warm clothes
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Time at the Vatnahalsen Hotel is determined by train schedule and will vary.
• The railway stations and the train do not have restrooms.
• Guests must be able to walk about 220 yards, with three steep steps to enter and exit the train and six steps at Vatnahalsen Hotel.