Drive through the center of town to view the highlights as you head towards Evje—gateway to the Setesdal Valley. This area abounds in rare minerals, and the new Setesdal Mineral Park offers a unique collection of minerals and crystal. Copper and nickel has been extracted from the Flåt Mines since 1844, as well as mining of quartz, feldspar and rare minerals. The exhibition area comprises five halls inside the mountain with a total area of 1,000 square meters, containing fabulous minerals and crystals from all over the world. The inner caverns show off magnificent shapes and colors—any preconceived notions about stone will need to be reconsidered after this visit!
A 1641-founded town, mineral park and mountain gallery showcasing minerals and crystals make this tour truly dazzling. As you drive through Kristiansand, enjoy views of its fine shops and restaurants. You’ll arrive at Evje, “gateway” to Setesdal Valley, known for mining of copper, quartz, feldspar, nickel ore, rare minerals and more. See Setesdal Mineral Park’s special collection displayed in 5 huge exhibit halls featuring minerals and crystals from across the globe.
• Special Exhibits: Marvel at the fabulous mineral and crystal collections displayed in 5 different halls at Setesdal Mineral Park.
• Setesdal Valley: Visit a tradition-rich mining area where copper, nickel ore, quartz, feldspar and rare minerals are extracted.
• Kristiansand: This bustling 350-year-old town is brimming with fine shops and restaurants, all within walking distance of the beach.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Comfortable shoes