Blarney Castle was built by Cormac McCarthy 600 years ago and has been an Irish legend ever since. Follow in the footsteps of world leaders and superstar entertainers who have climbed the steep, stone spiral staircase to kiss the Blarney Stone. It's said once you do, you'll never be at a loss for words again. Explore the castle battlements and enjoy the lush green countryside as you visit this true Irish treasure. Note: Must walk approx 300 yds from bus park. Walking at Castle is at guest's discretion but 0.35 mile is required over various surfaces and steps. To reach Blarney Stone (optional), steep winding stone staircase and tight passageway with approx 100 steps.
Explore Ireland’s legendary Blarney Castle and plant a kiss on the Blarney Stone. The 600-year-old Cork landmark is the third castle built on the site and is surrounded by 60 acres of beautiful gardens, arboretums and waterways. Sit back and enjoy the scenic, one hour drive to the 13-story medieval fortress where you can visit its many rooms and vantage points to take in the beautiful and historic grounds.
• Blarney Stone: Kiss the legendary Stone of Eloquence and be assured you’ll never be at a loss for words.
• Blarney Castle: See this great treasure of Ireland built by Dermot McCarthy, King of Munster.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous". Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk about 900 feet from the bus park.
• Walking at Blarney Castle is at guests’ discretion, but a minimum of 1700 feet is required over various surfaces and numerous steps.
• Still and video photography are not permitted in the palaces.
• Optional visit to Blarney Stone has steep, narrow, winding 100-step staircase.
• Tour sequence and departure times may vary.