Make way to St. James' Gate Brewery, in heart of Dublin & birthplace of World's famous stout. Begin with audio-visual show before setting out with guide who narrates history & story of Guinness. In brewing section, see, hear & smell ingredients as they make way thru series of machines & processes on way to becoming Guinness. Guided tour ends in panoramic bar from where you have views of Dublin while sampling a glass of Guinness. Make your way to ground floor & time permitting; browse in shop. Note: must walk approx 500 yds over various surfaces, inclines & 2 to 3 steps on coach. Center has elevator accessible to reach various floors. Tour order may vary.
Good times and history combine on this “see and taste” tour of Ireland’s famous brew. Beer aficionados will appreciate this sensory-rich discovery of St. James’ Gate Brewery, Guinness’s birthplace, whose wickedly good taste was once considered a social evil. Learn about Arthur Guinness, the stout’s worldwide popularity, and different modes of transport used to ship it out. Then relax with a glass of the creamy brew, and panoramic Dublin view.
• Brewery: Visit St. James’ Gate Brewery and immerse yourself in sights, sounds and smells of the Guinness brewing process.
• Audio-visual show: Learn why authorities – over 230 years ago - considered the wickedly good tasting Guinness a “social evil.”
• Panoramic bar: Drink in Dublin vistas and a glass of Guinness at bar close to where it was made.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Comfortable shoes
• Tour involves 500 yards of walking over various surfaces and climbing steps.
• Elevator available.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Gift shop on premises.