This tour will operate in English only. You will travel through Dublin outskirts to enjoy the rural countryside taking you south to the Powerscourt Estate. On arrival, you'll drive along the avenue of stately beech trees, planted more than 200 years ago, which lead from the estate entrance to the House, gardens and terraces. The gardens at Powerscourt are probably the finest in Ireland, both for their design and their dramatic setting at the foot of Great Sugar Loaf Mountain. The house and grounds were commissioned in the 1730s by Richard Wingfield, the 1st Viscount Powerscourt. Whilst at Powerscourt Estate, you will have time to browse in the excellent range of small quality gift shops.
Spend the day in the rural outskirts of Dublin, where you can explore grand Powerscourt Estate’s manicured gardens, historic grounds, and renowned gift shops. Enjoy panoramic views of verdant Irish landscapes and stately beech trees en route to the country estate. Roam around the castle’s lush Japanese gardens, winged horse statues and stone tower. Enjoy free time to leisurely shop for Irish giftware, jewelry, clothing and local produce in the estate’s collection of retail stores.
• Scenic Drive: Delight in spectacular Irish countryside vistas and see 200-year-old beech trees while traveling in the outskirts of Dublin.
• Powerscourt Estate: Tour the 18th-century country castle, roam its lovely Japanese gardens, see the stone tower and winged horse statues.
• Free Time: Browse the estate’s collection of retail stores and shop for Irish giftware, clothing, jewelry and local produce.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• This tour will operate in English only.