Begin your day atop the white cliffs of Dover before exploring the cradle of Christianity in Saxon England. Visit the UNESCO-protected Canterbury Cathedral to admire its magnificent stained-glass windows and unique architecture. Follow your guide as you learn about the Norman times, the murder of Thomas Becket, and the great tradition of pilgrimage. Then, explore Canterbury on your own, browse its charming shops, and soak up the local history and Old English character.
• Travel to the top of the famous white cliffs of Dover for a spectacular view of Dover Castle.
• Visit the renowned gothic cathedral commemorated in Chaucer’s “The Canterbury Tales.”
• Enjoy free time to explore the streets and shops of Canterbury.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Local currency/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes with non-slip soles
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable clothing
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 0.33 mile over even, paved surfaces with 5 to 20 steps.
• Tour order may vary between groups but always covering the mentioned sites.
• Time permitting; guests will have approximately 1 hour for shopping and browsing in Canterbury city center.
• The drive from Canterbury is approximately 45 minutes, dependent upon traffic conditions.