Prepare for a tour that will bring you the best of English history, charm, and royal opulence. First, you?ll visit Leeds Castle, residence to six of England?s medieval Queens. Follow a path that takes you along the stately grounds, beneath shade trees, and along small lakes, and then head to Canterbury to explore the medieval streets of this ancient center of Christianity. Finally, enjoy a scenic drive through the green hills of the English countryside.
• Stroll the grounds of Leeds Castle, one of the oldest and most beautiful in the Kingdom.
• Explore Canterbury, England?s most famous cathedral city.
• Enjoy a scenic drive through the hamlets and villages of the English countryside.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Local currency/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Walking shoes with non-slip soles
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable clothing
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 0.75 mile over varying terrain with inclines and up to 40 steps at Leeds Castle.
• The amount of walking during the free time is at the guest's discretion.
• Lunch is not included in this tour; however, there is time for lunch and shopping on your own.
• Time permitting; guests will have approximately 2 hours for shopping and browsing between time at Leeds Castle and Canterbury City center.
• If guests should miss the return coach, transportation back to the vessel is their own responsibility and at their own expense.
• The drive between Dover and Leeds Castle is approximately 45 minutes and the return drive from Canterbury to the ship is approximately 90 minutes, dependent upon traffic conditions.
• Itinerary may operate in reverse.