Discover and experience New Zealand’s maritime past with a museum tour and scenic cruise. Peruse Auckland’s National Maritime Museum’s renowned collection. Artifacts highlight ancient Polynesian explorers, today’s America’s Cup heroes, and everyone in between who forged the country’s bond with the ocean. Then live those pioneering spirits’ journeys aboard the Ted Ashby sailing scow, and cruise beautiful Waitemata and Auckland Harbours. You’ll find the rhythmic sounds of the sea and wind rustling the sails incredibly relaxing.
• Maritime Museum: New Zealand’s foremost collection of maritime artifacts helps guests connect with ancient and modern adventurers and history.
• Relaxing cruise: Board a heritage vessel to see Auckland Harbour, renowned as one of the world’s three most beautiful.
• Celebrate maritime history: Displays and hands-on experiences let guests understand New Zealand’s bond with the ocean.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun Protection
• Local currency
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Warm clothing
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 500 yards.
• Guests will walk over even, paved sidewalks and wooden floors.