After your Art Deco tour of Napier, you’ll venture into the coastal countryside to the fertile Heretaunga Plains. You’ll climb Te Mata Peak, where you’ll experience exhilarating panoramic views of the sea and landscape, while your guide tells you Maori legends. When you return to Napier, you’ll explore the National Tobacco Company building, featuring Art Deco, Art Nouveau, and Chicago School designs by Louis Hay. See fine oak panels and stained glass pieces.
• Enjoy a guided driving tour through Napier, where you’ll learn more about the city’s Art Deco style.
• See the Municipal Theatre, designed by J.T. Watson (1938), a classic example of Art Deco architecture.
• Explore Ahuriri, Napier’s oldest settlement featuring 1930’s-style houses and gardens during your narrated drive.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Comfortable clothing
• Guests walk .5 miles over flat surfaces with some steps.
• Order of itinerary may vary to avoid congestion.